ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• We are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced avionics technician to join our team. The responsibilities of the avionics technician include running wires/cables, mounting antennas, connecting instruments for navigation and engine monitoring, installing radios, autopilots, passenger entertainment systems and configurations.
• A technician that possesses great attention to detail and a strong working knowledge of advanced electronics and systems diagnostics. Ultimately, a top-notch avionics technician that has great manual dexterity, and experience with quality control analysis.
• Installing and testing complex avionics equipment and electrical systems on aircraft.
• Ensuring that all avionics equipment works properly before return to service and that they do not interfere with any other electronic device.
• Removing, repairing, and re-installing any problematic avionics equipment before an aircraft is returned to service.
• Performing intricate and highly reliable soldering on components.
• Assembling and installing electrical components.
• Providing accurate diagnoses of discrepancies noted.
• Organizing ground support and test equipment.
• Analyzing flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and study the operations of the electrical components.
• Coordinating all work with Avionics manager, technicians, and aircraft maintenance crew.
• Keeping detailed records of all repairs and work performed on the aircraft in accordance with the repair station gui
Avionics Technician Requirements:
• At least 3yrs of work experience with aircraft electrical systems installation/repair and with specific aircraft maintenance and troubleshooting knowledge.
• Certifications in electrical or aviation maintenance courses preferred.
• Experience with systems such as NAV/COM, Autopilot, GPS, and RVSM.
• An understanding of other aircraft systems, such as hydraulics and flight controls.
• The ability to read and interpret schematics/blueprints.
• Excellent analytical, attention-to-detail, troubleshooting, communication, and teamwork skills.
• Steady hands and excellent eyesight
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com