The Sheet Metal Mechanic role builds components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials.
- Shoot and buck rivets to specifications following FAA guidelines
- Recognize differences in types of metals including structural strength and thickness
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications as dictated in normal aviation practices
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
- Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials
- Make decisions regarding how to make repairs and know what repairs can and can’t be done
- Understand and apply FAA standards (AC4313 Chapter 4)
- Read blueprints to ensure build and modification completion, follow both written and verbal instructions
- Effectively document job completion paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years experience in SM
- A&P Preferred
- Must have DCMA/Military Contract Experience
- Previous experience working with sheet metal, or completion of a technical school program in a similar field of study
- Must provide own tools
- Ability to use and effectively manager ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Experience with King Air, DHC-8 or Beech 1900 aircraft preferred
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Lay in a prone position for more than 4 hours
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org