This mechanic will maintain, repair and modify aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
• Perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
• Locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Ability to proficiently access and manipulate computer systems daily for work instructions, drawings, and training
• Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
• Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• This candidate will be responsible for providing guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Ability to perform the following requirements:
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls for an extended period of time
• Occasional contact with metals
• Frequent exposure to noise
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Position requires 4+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
• Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Experience with Very Important Person (VIP) aircraft or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten (10) years.
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power Plant license is preferred
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org