- Coordinate with Engineering on the release of drawings and reviews for manufacturability of parts and material requirements.
- Serve as point of contact and subject matter expert for coordination of all released engineering data and responsible for the translation of this data into usable procurement and manufacturing requirements.
- Create the BOM (Bill of Materials) from released engineering. Analyze and interpret BOM material content to perform the make/buy decision.
- Perform planning activities associated with released engineering drawings, organize manufacturing work steps into manageable work elements, and plan and release production orders to manufacturing.
- Review drawing revisions for BOM and manufacturing changes. Coordinate change management and revision control with Purchasing and Production.
- Attend program meetings and contribute to engineering design decisions for material requirements and parts manufacturability.
- Coordinate engineering certification requirements on all prototype parts in manufacturing and/or purchased from outside suppliers.
- Expedite and optimize material flow through the supply chain to meet customer requirements. Review status to meet program schedules.
- Prioritize work and coordinate with Engineering Program Managers, Team Leads, Quality, and Certification groups to achieve program efficiencies, meet established deadlines, and minimize operational impacts.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing and Operations personnel to analyze production schedules and capacity requirements. Provide timely status and expedite work around plans to preserve schedule.
- Identify relevant trends and improvement opportunities, then develop and coordinate corrective actions.
- Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines.
- Perform all other duties assigned by Manager.
- Five (5) years of experience in a manufacturing planning role.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of program and production management processes and manufacturing throughput.
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
- Must have specific knowledge of engineering workflows, configuration control, and change management.
- Must demonstrate a practical approach to problem solving.
- Must be able to coordinate with internal and external suppliers on technical issues pertaining to engineering drawings and manufacturing processes.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must demonstrate good computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have experience with ERP forecasting, planning, and production scheduling logic and processes.
- Must have experience utilizing lean/six sigma principles.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org