Oversees and administers the efficient flow of goods, services, and information between points of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements.
- Defines rules for transportation regarding applicable carriers, services, and payers.
- Implements, monitors and enforces the application of policies and procedures.
- Reviews and approves freight bills, checking rates, services, and applicability.
- Monitors transportation service levels and issues claims when applicable (delays, damages or losses).
- Establishes agreements with transportation companies.
- Arranges special transportation when needed (big volumes, remote locations, out of normal requests).
- Establishes monitors and enforces procedures regarding import/export customs clearance and export control.
- Defines the requirements for systems integration with carriers’ shipping systems when needed.
- Develops new transportation solutions when needed (international and domestic).
- Monitors and audits off site storage activities and charges.
- Sets-up new warehousing and storage layout in designated locations off site when needed.
- Develops special packaging for dangerous goods, odd shaped or delicate parts.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Essential: High School/ GED
- Desirable: Business Administration or Technical Associate degree
- Entry Level Administrative Professional Contributor on a Project or Work Team.
- Generally 0-2 years of experience or more in area of responsibility and experience in Logistics with a strong understanding of inventory controls, warehousing, distribution, and means of efficiently transporting goods to appropriate destinations.
- Ensures that goods are shipped in the most timely and efficient manner.
- Experience in establishing, monitoring, and following up transportation services and contracts with carriers.
- Dealing with customs.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com