- Ability to apply technical knowledge to solve problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents.
- Requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
- Performs aircraft bench and/or flight line operational testing and troubleshooting in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
- Performs assembly, installation, check-out physical characteristics, operational testing and modification of wire bundles in the testing, development and modification of aircraft in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
- Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
- Required to consult with management and peers to assess best work process.
- Will assist and train less senior employees.
- May be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
- Able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
- Perform all duties of lower Avionics classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
- Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
- Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
- Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in assembly processes.
- Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
- Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
- Able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
- Must be familiar with Hazardous Energy and Lock Out /Tag systems applications to ensure working environment is deemed safe for access and on the job performance.
- Will be required to assist other team members (General Mechanics, Structures, Electrics) in order to ensure cost/schedule targets are met.
- Able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Position requires at least 7+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
- Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
- Experience with F-15/Fighter or Depot Level/Modification maintenance
- Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures
- Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
- Please clearly indicate on resume your aircraft platform experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE)
- Experience with EPAWSS Modification
- Experience working with COMSEC, Radar, or Electronic Warfare Systems
- Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com