Under minimal supervision, performs inspections, maintenance, and repairs of moderate to advanced complexity on aircraft systems and structures.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate as required. to receive and understand work assignments. Perform complex aircraft inspections, repairs, and modifications with minimal supervision.
- Coordinate with MTL, STM, and the Inspection Department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete CMP cards, work order sign-offs, and other paperwork in a timely and accurate manner. Assist as needed with shift turnovers.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.)
- Coordinate, accomplish, and assist with aircraft movement in hangar and ramp areas.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians. .
- Protect customer property (PTP).
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant certificate and 2 years of aviation maintenance experience or 4 years of aviation maintenance experience to include 2 years of experience working on mid/large size aircraft required.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Willing to work any shift 1st, 2nd or 4th shift
- Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders, work in confined areas and lift up to 50 pounds.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org