Under general supervision, lay out and construct tools from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches. Perform the necessary calculations of the material needed to do the job.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Set up and operate tool shop machinery and equipment to fabricate and assemble quality tooling from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches.
2) Perform calculations of materials needed and the speed and feeds required on all of the machining functions.
3) Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; check own work for conformance to specifications.
4) Assist with tool prove out on new and reworked detail tooling.
1) Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a neat and orderly work area.
2) Operate cart and forklift.
3) Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Must have a good understanding and ability to apply shop math.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.Five (5) years of tooling experience and/or relevant training.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com