- Install avionics equipment per engineering drawings while following wiring standards
- Perform scheduled maintenance on airborne communication, navigation, auto flight, and other avionics components
- Perform basic soldering, harness build up and installation including wire stripping and crimping, fault isolation (with multi-meter) and repair of avionics system failures
- Comply with AS9100 requirements including DCMA, OSHA, FOD, tool control, and documentation
- Meet FAA guidelines, as well as the customer’s needs on an avionics level
- Use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Follow both written and verbal instructions
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong experience in electronic and avionics troubleshooting on aviation systems
- 3-5 years demonstrated experience in the fault isolation and repair of avionics systems
- Glass cockpit upgrade experience preferred
- Experience in reading and using avionics /electrical schematics and blueprints
- A&P license with some technical or college experience is strongly preferred
- Previous multi-engine turbo prop experience (DHC-8 aircraft preferred)
- Ability to:
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift, balance and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
- Must provide own tools (tool list provided on first day)
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org