- Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems
- Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations
- Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that aircraft are ready for operation
- Read and interpret maintenance manuals and FAA/manufacturer publications and directives to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications
- Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment
- Read and interpret pilots' descriptions of problems to diagnose causes
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools
- Inventory and ordering supplies, parts, materials, and equipment
- Check for corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, and tail
- Be a source of technical knowledge and instruction to other mechanics
- Other duties as assigned
- A&P License
- 4+ years experience
- DHC-8 experience a plus
- High School diploma or equivalent required; college degree through a technical/vocational school is preferred
- Must hold a valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license
- 4+ years performing routine maintenance on DHC-8 aircraft
- 4+ years aviation maintenance experience in a small to medium sized aviation company or military environment
- Ability to read, write and perform basic math calculations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues and use manuals to determine effective solution
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Ability to perform maintenance duties utilizing basic hand tools
- Ability to use and effectively navigate ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Ability to:
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift, balance and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangers and exterior weather conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com