- Processes an employee throughout the employee’s life cycle (new hire, status change, termination, COBRA, Garnishments, Unemployment Claims, workers’ compensation wage statements)
- Stays up to date with company benefits programs, including tax-favored benefits
- Processes time and attendance hours and labor hours
- Reviews payroll exceptions and payroll previews
- Completes wage requests from relocation vendor in order for vendor to calculate wage gross-ups
- Handles employee pay and benefits issues that may arise
- Monitors employee benefits eligibility and assists in annual enrollments
- Coordinates disability or life claims with insurance carrier on as needed basis with regard to payroll
- Coordinates benefit enrollments with various insurance carriers for new employees and benefit change requests
- Makes necessary 401k enrollments and changes with record keeper.
- Coordinates with Plan Administrator and record keeper, loan or distribution requests from participants
- Complies with federal, state and local laws regarding payroll and benefits
- Processes all benefits and relocation related invoices, including balancing invoice against payroll; ensures adherence with Procurement and Compliance policies; coordinates relationships with applicable benefits vendor administrative teams
- Processes all FAA Flightline related invoices and balances to Payroll records
- Reviews and accurately processes tuition reimbursements in accordance with company policy
- Primary contact with benefits vendors for invoicing, set-up, interface files.
- Uploads applicable files to benefits vendors to maintain enrollment databases
- Maintains up to date data connections/interfaces with benefits vendors
- I-9 identification and timeliness and receipt of re-certification
- Prepares and maintains employee files ensuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially
- Serves as benefits liaison for level I issues, monitors employee benefits eligibility, and assists in ongong enrollment
- High School Diploma or GED, an undergraduate degree in business or some college highly preferred.
- Analytical abilities
- Generally, 3-5 years of experience in Payroll and Benefits Administration
- Essential experience – Payroll/Benefits database or Human Capital Management system such as ADP, WorkDay, Ultimate, SAP
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- FLSA Non-Exempt, Top Level Expert in Service, Production or Support Worker role requiring advanced skills to perform all standard tasks within the function as well as specialized tasks.
- Role requires intermediate knowledge in technical or specialty areas as well as in all tasks and responsibilities within the job function.
- Work is typically reviewed by their manager via direct consultation method on a periodic basis.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll applications and systems
- Knowledge of benefit programs and benefits administration.
- Strong ability to learn new systems
- Strong customer service skills; able to communicate and resolve issues.
- Strong organizational, follow-up, time management and analytical skills.
- Able to follow detailed and written instructions and to prepare complex payroll records and reports.
- Intermediate level knowledge of power point, excel and Word
- Comfortable with report writing and compilation of data into presentations and reports
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org