Perform a wide variety of complex electrical installations, repairs and modifications on aircraft electrical systems.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions.
• Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. to install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of wire provisions, wire bundles and harnesses, power feeders, signal data lines, and fiber optic harnesses requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations
• Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with procedures
• Perform any repairs, rework and the incorporation of authorized changes. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
• Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards
• Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs
• Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Must adhere to policy regarding PPE (personal protective equipment)
- With H/S diploma or GED must have aircraft manufacturing electrical installation experience. Commercial Aircraft experience preferred, DOD experience will be considered.
- Read, write, and comprehend the English language
- Lift less than 25 pounds (Occasional lifting of 21-35 pounds), bend and twist at the waist, walk, crawl, crouch, stand for long periods, kneel, reach, climb/balance, flexion/extension
- On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs.
- Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls
- Occasional contact with metals Exposure to plastics and solvents to atmospheric conditions Frequent exposure to noise.
- Must have own tools. If hired, tools must be shadowed.
- Frequent overtime may be required
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com