- Performs routine production assembly operations on structural and mechanical assemblies, subassemblies and aircraft systems, equipment and accessories using manual operations. Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. Drill, shim, install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations. Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures. Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts. Must be able but not limited to Drill close tolerance holes in composites, Tool indexing, Gap measurement.
Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions. Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time. Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area. Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs. Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required. Frequent overhead work may be required. Frequent overtime may be required.
Graduates of aeronautical programs will be considered and selected. Candidates will be scheduled to start after graduation date. Resume should clearly indicate School Name, Program and Graduation Date.
- Prior experience working with Structures
- Education from an aeronautical school/program* or equivalent industry experience
- Flexible to work any shift, 1st, 2nd or 3rd as business needs change
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com