The position requires the ability to fabricate and install avionics and electrical systems per wiring diagrams, with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to perform all tasks required for avionics installation techniques.
- Ability to read wiring schematics and have a good understanding of most aircraft and avionics systems. Possess sound judgment & troubleshooting skills.
- Inspect, test, adjust, and repair communication, navigation, and flight control systems.
- Test and replace defective instruments using electricians' tools and other testing devices.
- Repair equipment to specifications.
- Accomplish planned work in compliance with company procedures and supervisors' instructions.
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the IPM and proficiency with all documents.
- Ability to accomplish any required OPS checks.
- Report any unairworthy items that Inspection may have missed to Supervisors.
- Assures all paperwork requirements are kept current with job progress.
- Follows written and verbal instructions.
- Maintains a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Ability to use & understand aircraft M.M., S.B.'s and S.L.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures, and safety standards.
- Stand in for lead mechanics in their absence.
- Advise management of issues that require engineering assistance.
- Accomplish assigned tasks properly and efficiently.
- Perform tasks in a manner that achieves the highest quality workmanship.
- Provide a comprehensive turnover for the next shift lead.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times, while setting a positive example for all employees
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Requires High School Education or equivalent reading, writing, and math abilities.
- Three or more years of experience in avionics.
- Solid understanding of aircraft wiring installation.
- Knowledge of the Boeing 737-700, -800 and -900; BBJ a plus
- Effective computer skills; Microsoft Office software and other company and discipline specific software applications.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail oriented with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and plan work.
- Ability and willingness to work extended hours or second shift, when needed.
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times, while setting a positive example for all employees.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical documents and engineering drawings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Standard safety precautions are required in all areas where hazardous conditions exist.
- Exerting/lifting up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or 25 lbs. frequently.
- Use of hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate precision tools / measuring equipment.
- Ability to maneuver in and out of and work in tight cramped areas; motions include standing, sitting, kneeling and working overhead.
- Ability to climb ladders, aircraft maintenance stands; operate boom lifts.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com