This mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
• Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Fixed Wing A&P mechanics with Helicopter Experience. (With Tool Box) Must have 5 Yrs of A&P experience. Need to be able to start ASAP
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the installation, repair, modification and routine maintenance on aircraft as required; operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Skill: Sheetmetal Mechanic
Duration: 3+ months (open ended)
Location: Oklahoma City OK
Aircraft: 737, MD-80, CRJ, ERJ, C-40
Salary: please call Strom Aviation for compensation details (800) 743-8988; Bonuses Offered
Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modification, E.A.'s, etc, with minimal or no supervision on commercial and regional aircraft. Must be able to use SRM, all tech data, and aircraft drawing to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs. Must be able to fabricate part. Must be able to accomplish cold working, flap peening, etc. Document maintenance performed on required forms.
Strom Aviation is currently seeking helicopter mechanics with Sikorsky S-76, S92, Bell or Agusta experience. Need to be able to start ASAP
The Helicopter Technician reports to the Maintenance Manager of Rotor Craft and is responsible for the installation, repair, modification and routine maintenance on aircraft as required; operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Skill: Cabinet Builder
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Indianapolis IN
Aircraft: VIP Corporate
Salary: please call for compensation details (800) 743-8988