ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs bonding of metallic or nonmetallic materials to fabricate parts and for repairing applications using various products and processes.
- Fabricates subassemblies for pre-fitting in preparation for bonding, curing in press ovens, and autoclaves.
- Determines equipment requirements and methods of operation to be followed in the fabrication process.
- *Uses the following materials*: Graphite, Fiberglass, Plastic, Epoxy Resins, Rubber, etc.
- Performs vacuum bagging to pressurize a composite lamination during the resin curing process.
- Marks dimensions and reference lines on materials to develop and trace patterns of product parts.
- Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions.
- Must have 3-5 years on-the-job experience in a composite technician position and have experience in mixing and applying adhesive.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 pounds as needed, standing and bending for continuous periods of time.
- Possess a working knowledge of the Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and manufacturer’s manuals to properly identify and install fasteners used in assembly operations.
- Knowledge in repair station procedures and use of paperwork in relation to repair documentation.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Basic math skills are required.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org