SHEET METAL TECHNICIAN III
- These individuals should have the ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints and other documents to accurately determine and plan the work steps to be performed including correctly sizing and drilling holes for riveting.
- Performs basic to complex assembly and fitting of parts, structures, drilling and riveting techniques to meet blueprints requirements.
- Rivet sheetmetal parts and components parts utilizing properly tagged and identified tools.
- Aligns and assembles parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners.
- Provides OJT and guidance to junior level technicians.
- Work directly with Engineering to help facilitate installs.
- Observes company rules and regulations, including housekeeping and proper use of safety methods and the safe operation of equipment.
- Adheres to all recordkeeping requirements and paperwork to ensure work is performed in accordance with stated documents.
- Complete all sign offs and component removal/installation sheets at time task is performed but prior to end of shift. Utilize all resources available to accurately perform the work steps in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure a tidy, safe and productive work environment which is conducive to properly performing the tasks at hand.
- High school diploma or GED, plus a technical training/diploma/certificate working constructively with other departments, reading blueprints, complex assembly and fitting of parts, drilling holes, riveting, and aligning and assembling parts for riveting in the same or similar job in the military or within the aviation industry OR 6 years of applicable experience in the same or similar job in the military or within the aviation industry.
- Must own tools
- must be able to obtain a SIDA badge
- Experienced with reading blueprints, complex assembly and fitting of parts, drilling holes, riveting, and aligning and assembling parts for riveting
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com