- Repair/replace aircraft structural components according to drawings, blueprints, directives, technical manuals and safety procedures
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications as dictated in normal aviation practices
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
- Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials
- Make decisions regarding how to make repairs and know what repairs can and can’t be done
- Understand and apply FAA standards
- Effectively document job completion paperwork
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to layout, fabricate, repair and assemble sheet metal.
- Ability to apply and interpret blueprints in accordance with specified procedures and techniques
- Ability to operate shop tooling utilized during repair.
- Tooling includes but is not limited to: Press brakes, shears, rollers, grinders, drills, pneumatic squeezes, rivet guns and any other tools necessary to complete structural repairs.
- Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with sheet metal, or completion of a technical school program in a similar field of study
- Minimum of 2 years of experience
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com