- Fabricate and install seat covers, curtains and various assemblies and subassemblies.
- Interpret material specifications and design/engineering drawings to ensure finished product meets design and engineering requirements.
- Sew, fabricate, and install covers for all styles of panels in the aircraft interior while meeting safety, quality, and productivity standards and goals.
- Use the material tracking system, Corridor, to create parts demand, track squawks and to sign-off work.
- Work with design/drawings to cut and install advanced custom design carpets with unique patterns.
- Accept Lead responsibilities when needed. Oversees projects and coordinates with Lead to delegate tasks to assigned technicians.
- Conduct safety audits and assists team members in doing safety audits.
- Assist in maintaining shop equipment and associated JSAs.
- Comply with and champion Safety, 5S, and housekeeping policies and ensure the protection of aircraft interiors (PTP).
- Mentor and train lesser skilled technicians and monitor their work to ensure they complete assigned tasks in accordance with required. levels of safety, quality and productivity.
- Work with Lead and higher skilled technicians to develop and implement process improvements reduce material cost, cycle time, and labor hours using Lean Six-Sigma tools.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 4 years experience in upholstery to include.
- 2 years aircraft upholstery experience.
- Advanced knowledge of upholstery and sewing processes and products and/or advance carpet knowledge including being able to install custom carpets.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com