Performs all types of production painting, including painting requiring the application of special techniques and finishes. Locate and apply insignia and decoration markings as directed. Assists in the operations of the shipping area and/or the handling of items prepared for shipment from the Paint Department as required.
- Works from blueprints, manufacturing specifications and procedures, work orders, sketches and oral instructions. Perform a wide variety of painting efforts requiring special techniques and finishes.
- Prepares parts for paint performing various operations such as washing, stripping and masking to assure proper adherence and application of primers, anti-corrosives and similar protection coatings as required.
- Removes scratches, corrosion or stains from product by such methods as polishing, buffing or burnishing.
- Wraps and packs items using appropriate materials in accordance with transportation codes and customer requirements.
- Operates material handling equipment as required.
- Matches and blends different paints and colors; perform paint rework and touch-up.
- Adheres to all applicable safety and operations procedures and directives. Sign off all associated paper work and submit work to inspection.
- Performs good housekeeping chores in area.
- Bring to the attention of supervisor all malfunctions, defects, and damages of equipment, material and product.
- Knows and utilizes current cost tracking system.
- Reads and interprets withholding tags, standard specifications and repair manuals.
- Familiarizes new employees with job duties and shop routine.
- Assists and instructs lesser experienced employees as required.
- Performs Production Accountability duties associated with the processing, verification, quality auditing and inspection of assemblies, parts and tooling for which the individual has been delegated production accountability.
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will typically have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five years of experience in the aircraft/autobody spray painting process and all related operations
- Must be willing to work any shift, including weekends
- Must be able to pass a respirator physical.
This facility designs, manufactures and assembles military and commercial airframe structures.
- Facility Size
- 485,000 sq. ft.
- Wing structures
- Wing assembly
- AS9100-C certified
- Lean manufacturing
- Torque validation
- Dimensional calibration
- CATIA V4 & V5
- SurfCam, and FEM
- NC drivmatics
- Robotic/automatic drill cells
- A full suite of “blue-streak” capabilities
- Automated riveting
- Large structure assembly
- Long/ large machining and processing
- 3 and 5 axis machining
- Precision grinding
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com