Currently seeking Aircraft Component Repair Technicians in Savannah, GA with Sheet Metal Production and/or Fabrication or Overhaul Experience.
Under moderate supervision, repair and overhaul internal and external aircraft assemblies, subassemblies and components in accordance with Gulfstream Repair Station requirements.
- Develop and apply basic skills in procedures, techniques, tools, materials and/or equipment, as appropriate to area of specialization.
- Perform repairs of mechanical and electrical assemblies and subassemblies through removals, repair or replacement of defective parts and/or fabrication of replacement parts, and installations in accordance with blueprints, component maintenance manuals, vendor documents, verbal instructions, engineering dispositions, On The Job Training (OJT), and other authorized maintenance data.
- All activities to be in accordance with Repair Station requirements ensuring all parts and assemblies meet conformance.
- Set up and operate necessary test equipment in accordance with required documentation to perform functional and operational tests of mechanical and electrical aircraft components for return to service.
- Inspect all detail parts using blueprints, component and/or overhaul manuals and other required maintenance data to ensure conformity requirements are met.
- Maintain and utilize all required paperwork in accordance with FAA Repair Station requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area including test equipment and peripherals.
- Comply with all company and legislative environmental health and safety regulations.
- Remove skins and related components on flight controls and secondary structure components, locate and install/reinstall parts.
- Remove and install APUs and perform all required APU maintenance for all Gulfstream aircraft models.
- Read and understand Gulfstream and Honeywell Maintenance Manuals regarding APU maintenance and repair.
- Fabricate and repair sheetmetal and associated mechanical parts, components and/or equipment by rolling, shrinking, stretching, braking, riveting or other mechanical means.
- Fabricate and repair wiring and electrical assemblies and harnesses utilizing acceptable repair and fabrication processes including splicing, soldering, and pinning of wires.
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including troubleshooting, soldering and application of protective coatings.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Ability to read drawings, use hand drills with experience in fastener installs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma/GED.
- Must possess basic understanding of shop math.
- Sheetmetal (production and/or fabrication) and/or hydraulic overhaul experience required.
- Basic knowledge and experience with electrical theory and wiring preferred.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com