- Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operations on interior assemblies and subassemblies such as seats, cabinets, panels, partitions, divan, and In-flight entertainment equipment.
- Works from diagrams and drawings, makes initial layouts, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Makes continuity checks on work in process and completed while following appropriate clean-as-you go shop practices.
- May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to specifications and under simulated conditions
- Follows approved assembly procedures for component or aircraft structures, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturers (OEM’s) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Positions and aligns subassemblies in jigs or fixtures, using measuring instruments, following blueprint lines and index points.
- Inspects completed work to identify any needed rework before signing off; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests utilizing test equipment specified in technical manuals.
- Completes work package documentation per FAA and/or repair station manual.
- Submits completed work to Quality Assurance for final/in progress inspection and certification of airworthiness.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High School/ GED
- A&P and mechanical / electrical experience a plus
- Structures experience a plus.
- Advanced Technician Role, requiring Advanced Skills to perform all standard tasks within the Technical Area assigned to – may be referred to as the ‘SME’ (Subject Matter Expert).
- Generally at least 0+ years or more of experience in area of responsibility with assembly, mechanical, electrical or aircraft structures as well as able to use all tech data and aircraft drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Assignments require Comprehensive Knowledge of all possible tasks and responsibilities within their Technical Area.
- Skills are broadly applied in multiple Technical Areas.
- Performs complex Technical Assignments requiring analysis of multiple factors.
- Proficient in riveting, installation of relate hardware, usage of precision instruments and utilization of hand tools to perform these tasks.
- Must be able to fabricate parts.
- Reads work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examines sample or damaged part or structure to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Repair body or structure of aircraft as well as interior components according to specifications.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Be proficient in the usage of air powered hand tools and related equipment.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to work different shifts and flexible hours if required.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org