This occupation requires the setting up, locating, positioning, adjusting and operating numerically controlled routing, drilling, riveting, sealing and electro-magnetic assembly
- Set up work by loading, locating and pinning into positions, by adjusting pins and cutters for controlled multi axes movement. Scan printed program for proper speed, position, depth, cutters, pin bits. Edits tapes for conforming to specification and proper running of parts.
- Refers to part drawing and shop orders to ascertain sequences, dimensions, applicable project and holding fixtures and cutting tools. Prepares surfaces for sealing as required, fay seals, performs touch-up and cleans work as required.
- Zero the tape controlled positions. Check sequence of positions during a dry run.
- Set controls and make adjustments to assure consistent results. Install and maintain vacuum rubber as required. Drill, tap and pull part locating pin as required from holding fixture.
- Installs tapes and operate the machine, using the provided controls.
- Referring constantly to printed program for proper positioning.
- Assist in tape proofing, making such manual moves as may be required until tape correction.
- Plan changes and request equipment and tools prior to need.
- Remove parts and equipment from bed as required.
- Watches for functional variations in machine or machine control unit and take corrective action when required.
- Checks and assists others in checking completed parts dimensionally and for proper finish.
- Instructs trainee operators. Metal tags parts as required.
- Carries all cutting tools to and from cutter grinding crib and/or cutter kitting cribs as required.
- Uses such typical equipment as lift truck, crane and scooter to load, move, unload and position tools, parts or materials.
- Perform duties incidental to the accomplishment of the assigned task.
Either five (5) years machining experience, or attend Tennessee College of Applied
Technology, completing a diploma as Machinist 1, which consists of 2160 hours.
Client manufactures complex aerostructure components of commercial, business and military aircraft worldwide. We specialize in complex, structural and mechanical assemblies and machined components, with full metal finishing capability.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org