This occupation requires the assembly, installation and sealing of parts required in the manufacture of missile components, aircraft/sub aircraft structures which includes the
necessary layout of simple fabrication and installation of production and non-production parts.
Also includes fabrication of electrical wire harness/assemblies in addition to setting up and operating automated riveting machines and hand-held electro-magnetic equipment and other
automated assembly tools.
- Determines methods/sequences of fabrication, assembly, installation, repair, rework and modification on aircraft assemblies with and without the necessary tooling, engineering data, sketches, route and planning sheets. Make functional and operational checks on previously installed plumbing, hydraulics and assemblies.
- Secures proper equipment or whatever necessary to perform assignment.
- Rigs or modifies special parts and/or simple tools to accomplish task. Set up, load, unload and operated automatic riveting machine as necessary.
- Fabricates wire harness on wire board following schematic diagrams, etc.
- Perform typical operations at assembly where extreme care must be exercised to satisfy tolerance.
- Installs sheet metal or synthetic components with or without jigs, fixtures or tooling and/or where locations and mating points must be established from reference information such as locations derived from hand layout. Performs all tasks incidental to the assembly such as drilling, reaming, countersinking, shooting or bucking rivets manually or using handheld electro-magnetic equipment, internal sealing and rework, etc.
- Cleans tanks and other surfaces by removing oils, grease, litter, etc., with solvents or scrubbing in preparation for sealing. Apply, by spray or brush coat, sealant, or any protective coating as required.
- Includes fueling and associated test operations.
- Repairs or reworks any assembly and/or detail parts not meeting specifications such as removing and replacing panels, skins, fasteners, etc. Makes minor adjustments to equipment such as changing rivet sets, punches, shims, dies and replaces shoes when operating riveting equipment.
- Perform machining operations as allowed by applicable specifications.
- Perform secondary tasks such as alodine and paint when such parts have previously been painted but finish removed in process of accomplishing assembly operation.
May secure from crib own incidentals, such as special tools, drill bits, etc.
- Performs duties incidental to the accomplishment of the assigned task
- Computer proficiency to navigate systems for labor charging, access work instructions, record completion of work, TC1, MES, PII's, etc
Two (2) years varied aircraft assembly experience or successful completion of a comprehensive training program conducted or approved by the company that provides entry level skills and knowledge required for the occupation.
NWI Nashville LLC (formerly Triumph Aerostructures) manufactures complex aerostructure components of commercial, business and military aircraft worldwide. We specialize in complex, structural and mechanical assemblies and machined components, with full metal finishing capability.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com