- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems, including radio systems, radar, and navigation systems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals. Reads blueprints and schematics.
- Lays out installation of aircraft avionics assemblies and systems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional tests of electrical and avionics systems.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Able to demonstrate some understanding of basic electrical and electronics language and theory.
- Performs skilled manual and technical work using hand tools, soldering irons, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with 5+ years experience on Commercial (Boeing, MD80/90) aircraft
There’s a reason our client is one of the fastest growing MROs in the world. From Airbus and Boeing aircraft, representing passenger and cargo fleets. A complete suite of services from A,B,C and D checks, passenger-to-freighter conversions, structural repairs and highly technical upgrades including winglet installations, cabin reconfigurations and avionics modifications.Flawless work or it doesn’t leave their shop. It’s refreshing to know that there is an MRO executing it all in a single seamless work-stream.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org