Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure and systems in accordance with standard repair processes
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform modification/repair.
• Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Ability to perform the following requirements:
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls for an extended period of time
• Occasional contact with metals
• Frequent exposure to noise
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• 4+ years of on-aircraft general maintenance experience.
• Willing and able to work any shift (Must be able & willing to work various shifts and / or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays; Mission requirements and / or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime)
• Computer skills experience including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
• Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Currently possess an FAA A&P License or Military Technical School equivalen
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org