Performs avionics and electrical systems maintenance according to FCC, FAA and Company Policies and Regulations. Troubleshoots, tests, repairs and installs avionics components such as aircraft communication, navigation, radar and electronic instrument systems. Operates and maintains test equipment and trade associated tools.
- Performs routine or special maintenance inspections to prevent failure of aircraft electrical and avionic systems and components; performs complete operational and functional checks on navigation, communication and flight control systems, including instrumentation and pilot static installations, etc. Fabricates wiring harnesses, installs/modifies avionic and electrical systems.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme and quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures same from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturer's (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework and performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer.
- Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping off after finishing all designated operations.
- Performs installation of digital avionic equipment.
- Interprets avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, wiring and cable integrity, coax cables and fittings and connector assemblies.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces malfunctioning components or assemblies, using hand tools and soldering iron.
- Installs electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, and soldering iron.
- Interprets flight test data to diagnose malfunctions and systemic performance problems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight test of electrical and electronic systems.
- Tests components or assemblies, using circuit tester, oscilloscope, and voltmeter.
- Trouble shoots, repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, components or systems.
Requires 3+ years of MRO Repair Experience.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
GENERAL COMMITMENT FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Honors and protects confidential and proprietary documents and information.
- Satisfies work schedule requirements.
- The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
- Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Desired: FCC License.
- 3 year actual and recent depot level aircraft avionics experience is required, (repair of electrical systems, flight control systems, instrumentation and wiring); proficiency with: interpretation of avionic/electrical wiring diagrams, wire identification, harness fabrication, cables, fittings, circuits and connectors
Desired: Prior experience in executive jet repair facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Troubleshooting — determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Installation — Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Repairing — Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Selection — determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Equipment Maintenance — performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
Our client provides aircraft and component maintenance, repairs, and modifications. The company offers aircraft maintenance services, including heavy maintenance, routine inspections, structural repairs, service bulletins, airworthiness directive compliance, modifications, avionics installations, interior refurbishment and modification, machine shop, welding, and non-destructive testing; and accessory and avionics components, including electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, communications, and navigation. It also provides engineering support, inventory, and logistics management; painting services; and composite and structural products
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
IND18 Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org