General Summary: With supervision, carries out testing, adjusting and repairing, and other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of airframe, engine and component systems on a variety of aircraft models according to approved data, FAA regulations, and customer expectations.
Essential Job Functions:
- As directed by Supervisor, Crew Chief or senior technician, carries out inspection procedures, servicing, and maintenance of aircraft & engine systems and components on a variety of aircraft models using proper hand tools, specialized equipment, and support equipment in a timely, and professional manner with minimal rework. Records all work performed, as OJT for skills development until deemed proficient.
- Accurately order general components and parts, turn-in and record removed parts, record received parts as needed and directed, and support delivery under the guidance of senior technicians.
- Assist with basic troubleshooting and repair of airframe, engine and component systems.
- Prepare various documents for record keeping purposes, as required by Elliott Aviation Policies and Processes, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals.
- Locate and use appropriate manufacturers’ technical data, to include OEM Aircraft Manufacturers Maintenance and Component Maintenance Manuals, and FAA Airworthiness Regulations (FARs). Follow verbal instructions to complete assigned maintenance tasks. Build and develop personal proficiency and quality maintenance techniques based from OJT experience.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State, local regulations and Elliott Aviation’s Environment, Health & Safety Policies and Processes.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Must have willingness and ability to work towards and obtain an A&P Certificate required
- Airframe and Power Plant Certificate preferred
- Ability to attain & retain AOA badge or Airport requirements
- Willingness to learn by taking guidance from others.
- Ability to communicate well in straight-forward situations
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Must possess excellent mechanical aptitude and a desire to work
- Routinely lifts up to 50 lbs, occasionally lifts up to 100 lbs
- Stands for long periods of time, with frequent bending, squatting, kneeling and stooping
- Uses hands to reach and feel, with repetitive motion
- Good finger dexterity
- Reads, writes, speaks and understands English fluently
- Visual acuity correctable to 20/20
- Works in confined spaces, extreme temperatures, heights above six feet, noisy environments and flying
- Works with and around products and materials associated with aircraft maintenance
- Must possess minimum tooling required to perform duties assigned
- Regularly scheduled attendance required
- Must be able to work various shifts and overtime as directed
- Occasional overnight and short notice travel
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalency degree required.
- Knowledge and understanding of FARs 43, 65, 91, 135, 145
- Two years aircraft maintenance or equivalent experience required
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite preferred
Our client has been providing aircraft avionics, maintenance, parts, paint and interiors, accessories,and innovative solutions since 1936. From Hawkers, Citations, Beechjets and King Airs to Challengers, Phenoms and more.
They are a known and trusted name for providing the industry’s highest quality business aviation solutions. An expert in light to mid-sized jets and turboprops with factory authorizations from manufacturers such as Hawker Beechcraft, Embraer and more, customers from around the world fly to them for all of their aviation needs. With state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, proven processes and highly trained and experienced technicians, they deliver world-class quality and service customized to the aircraft.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org