· Performs on and off aircraft electrical modification to electrical wiring and system components
· Perform complex connector terminations including shielded wires, coaxial cables and fiber optic wiring.
· Understand wire handling and routing instructions.
· Perform sealing, wrapping, bonding, tying, and closure of wire harnesses and cables in accordance with standard processes.
· Demonstrate technical ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specifications, and retrofit requirements to perform electrical modification/repair.
· Adhere to government and company procedural guidance, perform assembly, installation, visual inspection of physical characteristics, modification of wire bundles & electrical assemblies, operational and quality checks of aircraft work.
· Troubleshoot malfunctions in aircraft electrical and environmental systems of moderate difficulty at the organizational or depot maintenance level.
· Performs aircraft bench and/or flight line operational testing and troubleshooting in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
· Performs assembly, installation, check-out physical characteristics, operational testing and modification of wire bundles in the testing, development and modification of aircraft in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives.
· Responsible for the proper performance of assignments and the prudent handling of product, tools and equipment.
· Required to consult with management and peers to assess best work process.
· Will assist and train less senior employees.
· Required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks.
· Able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
· Perform all duties of lower Electrics classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
· Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
· Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
· Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in assembly processes.
· Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
· Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
· Able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
· Able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
· Position requires 7+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
· Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
· Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures
· Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
· Please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with date received.
· Please clearly indicate on resume your aircraft platform experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
· Experience with F-15/Fighter or Depot Level/Modification maintenance
· Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
High school diploma or GED and typically 7+ years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org