• Ability to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
• Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
• Demonstrate the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• Require a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• Detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• Mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
• Must be familiar with Hazardous Energy and Lock Out /Tag systems applications to ensure working environment is deemed safe for access and job task performance.
• Will be required to assist other team members (General Mechanics, Avionics, Electrics) in order to ensure cost/schedule targets are met
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Position requires 5+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
• Please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with date received.
• Please clearly indicate on resume your aircraft platform experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Experience with F-15/Fighter or Depot Level/Heavy Structures maintenance.
• Experience working with titanium aircraft structures.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
High school diploma or GED and typically 5+ years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com