The Sheetmetal Welder performs a variety of metal joining processes and basic sheetmetal tasks in support of the appropriate department.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Fabricate and install interior components as directed by Shop Supervisor or project Lead.
- Remove, refurbish, modify and reinstall interior components as directed.
- Fabricate aircraft components as requested by appropriate department technicians or external customers.
- Research materials and processes as required. insuring compliance with pertinent ANSI, AWS, FAA, Gulfstream and/or Aircraft Manufacturer standards.
- Correctly complete required. internal and FAA paperwork.
- Correctly use power and hand tools to cut, form, and otherwise prepare pieces for welding.
- Make effective use of the existing systems to enter labor against Work Orders, create picklists, purchase requisitions, review Work Orders, add items to Work Orders, and to sign off Work Orders.
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered. .
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor. .
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. .
- Must be familiar with the guidelines set forth by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the American Welding Society (AWS), and other pertinent process specifications.
- Basic math skills are required.
- Knowledge of metallurgy, metal working procedures, and welding processes and technology with regard to aircraft applications.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
The Structural Test team is responsible for executing tests in support of company and certification requirements for current and future Gulfstream products. Structural Test includes testing in support of aircraft structures, powerplant, electrical systems, mechanical systems, flight deck, completions, and flight controls. Testing could include static and fatigue structural, flammability, or experimental.
Roles / Responsibilities
- Perform activities in support of static, fatigue, flammability, full-scale aircraft, component level, and coupon testing.
- Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Sometimes coordinating directly with test engineering.
- Fabricate and assemble complex test lab fixture, lab equipment, and test articles with minimal supervision.
- Perform a variety of metal joining processes and basic sheet metal tasks.
- Align, fit, assemble, connect, or install system components using jigs, fixtures, measuring instruments, hand tools, or power tools.
- Rework or modify mechanical parts as requested.
- Ensure that all work accomplished meets quality standards and specifications.
- Follow standard operating procedures when operating lab equipment.
- Provide training to less experienced technicians.
- Apply 6S and Lean Initiatives to keep shops, hangars, and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
- Implement and apply Lean/continuous improvement processes to all areas of responsibility.
- Properly use and maintain Company-provided tools and equipment. Return items to designated storage area after use.
- Comply with safety rules and procedures. Use protective equipment as required. and be alert for unsafe conditions. Address unsafe conditions before putting people or property at risk.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum two (2) years welding and related experience
- Experience with aluminum and steel welder
- Experience with the following -
- Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding (GMAW)
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding (GTAW)
- Shielded Metal Arc (Stick) welding (SMAW)
- and/or, minimum two (2) years machining and related experience
- Experience with operating and maintaining lathe
- Experience with operating and maintaining milling machine
- Experience with ironworking machine
- Must be able to shear, notch, and punch holes metal parts
- Familiar with cutting equipment (i.e. - plasma and oxy-acetylene torch)
Education and Experience Requirements
High School Diploma or GED required. 2 years welding or related experience.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com