Fixed Wing A&P mechanics with Helicopter Experience. (With Tool Box) Must have 5 Yrs of A&P experience. Need to be able to start ASAP
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for the installation, repair, modification and routine maintenance on aircraft as required; operates in compliance with company safety practices and performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Aircraft Painter coats surfaces of aircraft with paint, lacquer, epoxy, resin or other material, using brushes, rollers, spray guns and other devices, removes old paint from aircraft, using liquid paint remover and scraper. Smoothes surface with sandpaper and steel wool, roughens aluminum surfaces with acid solution and steel wool to insure that paint adheres to surface, masks and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted, and paint insignia, letters or numerals on aircraft surface, using stencils.
The ability to maintain repairs and modify aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty.
Apply technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and apply required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation.
Knowledgeable with explosives, pyro and seat
Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Apply comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Ability to perform the following requirements:
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Exposure to noise, working on elevated platforms
• Use personal protective gear for face, eyes, ears, hand, and arms as required.
• Pass visual acuity and color perception tests
• Read, write, and comprehend the English language
• Handle, use, and dispose of hazardous material
• Obtain & maintain training certifications as required to support assignment responsibilities
• Occasional (1 to 3 hrs) finger manipulation
• On occasion, a 2-person lift may be necessary for weights greater than 50 lbs
• Frequent reaching overhead (3 to 6 hrs)
• Frequent walking on flat surfaces
• Frequent standing flat or uneven surfaces
• Frequent balancing on a ladder, steps, or uneven surfaces
• Occasional climbing on 3-12 ft ladders or stands
• Rotation of head/neck, sitting, crawling, squatting, bend/stoop, lying down, and operate foot controls for an extended period of time
• Occasional contact with metals
• Frequent exposure to noise
Skill: Sheetmetal Mechanic
Duration: 3+ months (open ended)
Location: Oklahoma City OK
Aircraft: 737, MD-80, CRJ, ERJ, C-40
Salary: please call Strom Aviation for compensation details (800) 743-8988; Bonuses Offered
Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modification, E.A.'s, etc, with minimal or no supervision on commercial and regional aircraft. Must be able to use SRM, all tech data, and aircraft drawing to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs. Must be able to fabricate part. Must be able to accomplish cold working, flap peening, etc. Document maintenance performed on required forms.
Skill: Cabinet Builder
Duration: 6+ months
Location: Indianapolis IN
Aircraft: VIP Corporate
Salary: please call for compensation details (800) 743-8988