- Perform general to complex maintenance task on assigned aircraft and related systems. This shall include, but not limited to items such as removal and installation of panels and components, repair work, and sheet metal repair or installation.
- Perform aircraft mechanic duties that require an advance level of knowledge, training of junior level technicians or troubleshooting repairs.
- Examines, disassembles and inspects engines, parts or other components for wear, warping, breaks, leaks or other non-conformities or deficiencies.
- Assembles and installs electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Services and maintains aircraft systems by performing tasks, including, but not limited to flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, functional components, and parts, such as wings and fuselage, rigging, and hydraulic units.
- Tests engine and system operations, using testing equipment, and listens to engine sounds to detect and diagnose malfunctions.
- Removes engine from aircraft or installs engine, using hoist or forklift truck.
- Disassembles, and or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Reads and interprets aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Adjusts, aligns, and calibrates aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Experience maintaining, inspecting, servicing and repairing aircraft (preferably corporate aircraft).
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to include nights, weekends and / or holidays.
- Must be able to read, write, interpret and speak the English language.
- Complete work in accordance with standard operating procedures, quality requirements, aircraft manuals and FAA regulations.
- Adhere to general work & safety rules.
- Be self-motivated, able to work well in a team-oriented environment and take pride in work performed.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities, sound decision-making and understand the man hours assigned by job and assign tasks to technicians based on their level of knowledge in order to meet or stay under the hours for the overall project.
- Possess the ability to identify an obstacle or potential problem before it happens, devise a plan and apprise management. Must have excellent problem solving skills and be customer oriented.
- Able to lift at least 50 lbs or more.
- Routine standing, walking, bending, squatting, sitting or stooping.
- Manual work requires routine or repetitive physical motion with arms and hands.
- Work is performed in a hangar environment subject to extreme temperature variations from very cold to very hot.
- This facility features 20,424 sq. ft. of (heated) hangar space
- MRO that specializes in business aircraft maintenance, modifications, and interior refurbishment for aircraft ranging in size from turbo prop through stand-up class business jets.
- FAA authorized repair station and service center for select corporate airframes
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org