The Sheetmetal Mechanic is responsible for being proficient in airframe minor to intermediate repairs, modifications and service bulletins. Works well as part of a team with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly proficient in fabrication, cold working, flap peening and jacking, shoring aircraft.
- Highly proficient in using technical data and drawings to locate part numbers and accomplish repairs.
- Possesses analytical skills: must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for problem solving.
- Performs such minor part-fitting operations as filing, sawing, de-burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming.
- Required to be able to read schematics/blueprints of moderate complexity, engineering drawings and technical instructions.
- Safely perform sheet metal layout, fabrication, and installation of parts, equipment or fabricated items on aircraft.
- Has working knowledge of SRM (Repair Station Manual) references.
- Perform layout work; measure parts using micrometers, calipers and ball gauges (to accurately measure holes to. 0001 inch); undertake bending and forming of sheet metal in preparation for assembly.
- Able to use complex fixtures, bushings, core drills and reamers to generate holes for close tolerance Hi lock and fasteners.
- May modify components to incorporate changes to structure.
- May be required to undertake fabrication, cold working, flap peening. Perform the assigned maintenance task in accordance with the Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer s recommendations, customer s approved maintenance program or accepted data.
- Perform high quality work in accordance with the data/instructions provided by the Project Manager and/or Lead.
- Become familiar with and follow the requirements of the RSM, Federal Aviation Regulations, Airworthiness Directives, advisory circular, manufacturer s service bulletins and any other required to perform assigned work. Never begin any maintenance unless in possession of the proper documentation
- 3-5 years' sheet metal experience
- Experience on 737
- Must have minimum required tools.
- Tool box must be etched shadowed prior to start
- High school diploma or equivalent
Our client is an FAA-approved maintenance facility and is certified by several international aviation regulatory agencies. Simply put: they know their stuff.
Their experienced maintenance technicians understand the importance of the preservation and protection of each aircraft they touch, be it a corporate jet or a V VIP BBJ. While the team focuses on high-quality maintenance, our client's production planning department works side-by-side to ensure the delivery date and budget stay on track.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org