The successful candidate will possess at least 5 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) on aircraft flightline operations. Relevant experience includes removal, installation and troubleshooting aircraft systems such as flight controls, power plants, hydraulics, fuel systems, bleed air, etc, in accordance with tech manuals or other written instructions. Additionally, candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to comply with written policies, procedures and other instructions.
Knowledge of aircraft mechanical components with the ability to troubleshooting, adjust, repair and replace parts/components.
• Requires broad working knowledge of C- 130 aircraft systems to include hydraulics, structures, engines and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of electrical theory and knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, and dial indicators, micrometers and support equipment, powered and non-powered.
• Knowledge in the documentation of AFTO 781forms
• Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedule requirements
• Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions, adjust, repair, or replace electrical system wiring and aircraft accessories
• Perform preflight, thru-flight, and basic post-flight maintenance inspections, perform as Refuel/Defuel, Jack and Tow Team Supervisor.
• Perform aircraft servicing to include, but not limited to Lox, Hydraulic and Engine Oil, service aircraft tire and perform aircraft lubes.
• Mechanic must also be proficient at all tasks required to launch and recover C-130 aircraft.
• Minimum 5 years of experience on C-130 aircraft. C-130H or C-130J
• Engine Run Qualified is a plus.
• Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles.
• Ability to obtain a secret security clearance, therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
• Must be able to read and write the English Language
• Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
Our customer in Waco TX has more than 30 years of experience as an aircraft systems integrator for programs, including maritime surveillance, advanced communications, avionics modernization and special-mission aircraft for military, commercial and OEM customers.
Headquartered in New York City, they are a prime contractor in aerospace systems. They are also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com