- Fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal products and equipment for general aviation aircraft.
- Work may involve any of the following: setting up and operating fabricating machines to cut, bend, and straighten sheet metal; shaping metal over anvils, blocks, or forms using hammer operating soldering and welding equipment to join sheet metal parts inspecting, assembling, and smoothing seams and joints of burred surfaces.
- Determine project requirements, including scope, assembly sequences, and required methods and materials, according to blueprints, and written and verbal instructions.
- Lay out of sheet metal parts using blueprints, drawings, written or verbal instructions
- Alter and existing part using blueprints, drawings, written or verbal instructions.
- Rivet and sheet metal component removal.
- Bend and form a radius on fabricated sheet metal parts.
- Drill various metals.
- Debur holes and cut lines.
- Set up for and countersinking of holes.
- Set up for and dimpling of holes.
- Set up for and install solid rivets with a rivet gun.
- Set up for and install solid rivets with a squeeze tool.
- Install blind rivets and fasteners.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum 6 months of diversified aviation sheet metal experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an airport security badge through the local airport authority, if applicable
- Aircraft structure repair manuals.
- FAA AC 43.13-1B.
- Skilled in identifying types of corrosions.
- Skilled in corrosion removal procedures.
- Skilled in the application and removal of wash etch and alodine material.
- Skilled in the application of primer.
- Identify rivets, bolts, screws, and nuts and washers.
Our client forms part of a global network of company-owned facilities that are well-known around the world for providing customers with factory-direct solutions and round-the-clock AOG support. With their team of dedicated technicians, they service Citation, King Air and Hawker aircraft.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org