Currently seeking Avionics/Electrical Technicians in Savannah, GA with 6+ Years of Business Jet Aircraft Experience - Or 2 Years Accredited Schooling in Aviation and 4 Years Aviation Avionics Experience (Long Term Position-No Tools Required)
- Provides leadership, technical expertise and guidance while performing various operational, functional tests and repairs of avionics/electronic, aircraft equipment and systems to ensure a defect free aircraft.
- Provides superior technical expertise in testing, troubleshooting and repairing system discrepancies to ensure minimum schedule impact.
- Demonstrates technical expertise and leadership by defining and implementing process changes to reduce cost and meet schedule without compromising Safety or Quality.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and leadership skills required to fill in for the team leader thus ensuring that the company goals of Safety and Quality are enforced all times while adhering to daily work plans to maintain schedule requirements.
- Demonstrates superior technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Provides direct training to personnel to support company cross-training goals while ensuring a safety conscience, quality oriented, skilled workforce.
- Teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system.
- Ensures quality and efficiency of all installations: troubleshoots and teaches troubleshooting processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems.
- Demonstrates the skills and knowledge required to effective and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Demonstrates effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring.
- Oversees the performance and compliance with engineering changes and modifications as required.
- Sets up and operates necessary test equipment.
- Conducts functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability.
- Demonstrates through diligent compliance the importance of daily logs and other paperwork.
- Ensures that all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented
- As required, pre-inspects work of others prior to submitting to inspection for approval to reduce rework and inspection time.
- Provides the knowledge and technical expertise in testing and maintaining test equipment and electronic systems and components as required.
- Enforces the company FOD program, tool control program, 5-S program and all safety regulations.
- Maintains required logs and records.
- Adapts to sudden schedule changes.
- Coordinates with other disciplines concerning projects.
Additional Functions: 1. Where required, teaches the installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems per Engineering specifications, drawings and maintenance manuals ensuring a defect free system. 2. Self inspection capability for all avionics testing functions in applicable areas. 3. In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. 4. Performs other duties as assigned.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Unique Skills: Experience with acft troubleshooting is preferred
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Graduate/GED.
- A&P license, FCC license or NCATT certification preferred.
- Six (6) years experience in an aviation avionics/electrical career field; or two (2) years of accredited schooling in aviation electronics and four (4) years related aviation experience.
Other Requirements: 1. Preferred proficiency in the operation and troubleshooting of other aircraft systems or disciplines other than avionics, such as hydraulics, landing gear, flight controls, environmental controls or structural installations and repairs. 2. APU run qualification and engine run qualification preferred. 3. Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints and schematic diagrams.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org