Currently seeking RS Avionics Technician Trainees in Savannah, GA . - (Long Term Position-No Tools Required)
Under direct supervision of the Mechanical Team Lead or Senior Tech, assist with the inspection, maintenance and repair of customer aircraft. In this position, the employee will gain knowledge of and familiarity with the Gulfstream aircraft, with internal procedures for work completion and quality control, and with the ways in which multiple shops must work together to meet production goals.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Goals of the Aircraft Tech Trainee are to gain experience in the inspection and maintenance of various Gulfstream aircraft systems (airframe structural, electrical, hydraulic, fuel, landing gear, flight controls and rigging, engines, conditioned air, anti-ice, and other sub-systems). Make effective use of technical reference resources (maintenance and repair manuals, wiring diagrams, vendors and manufacturer communiques, etc.) as required. to identify correct part numbers, procedures, and materials. Learn to find information.
2. Coordinate with the Inspection department to ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete parts change sheets, work order sign-offs, shift turn-overs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
3. Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications, and Gulfstream standard of quality.
4. Properly identify (tag) customer property and equipment. Store aircraft components and other customer property securely and safely. Prevent damage to aircraft.
5. Correctly and safely operate ground support equipment (external power carts, hydraulic mules, hydraulic lift platforms, tow tugs, forklifts, compressed gas cylinders, etc.).
6. Assist Line Service with the movement and servicing of aircraft. Ensure that parts racks and cages remain near their respective aircraft.
Additional Functions: 1. Strong mechanical aptitude. 2. Enrollment in an Airframe & Powerplant license program preferred. 3. Essential communication skills include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language, and listening and computer keyboard skills. Perform other duties as assigned.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
This will be an Avionics Tech trainee position. Must be willing to work any shift as directed by the STM to meet the business needs.
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma or GED required. Prior experience with civil or military aircraft avionics systems and/or installation is helpful.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com