- Performs modification of F-16 aircraft and major subassembly's.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, structure repair manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to work with precision measuring instruments, micrometers, calipers, tape measures, and standard scales.
- Perform difficult structural pick-up and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, or fittings in completed skinned assemblies
- Perform tasks utilizing tools to include but not limited to drills, angle motors, shears, brake, drill press, and pneumatic riveter
- Perform such final assembly operations as pick-up and rework on structures and installation, installing shortages, and bringing up all items to latest engineering changes
- Complete installation of and fit such items as clamps, brackets, angles, longerons, supports, bulkheads, battery boxes, and component parts such as avionics equipment
- Perform trimming, milling operations, reforming and altering parts and structures as required. Fabricate detail parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles, brackets, doublers, stiffeners, and patches
- 4+ years in aviation as a sheetmetal assembler, F-16 experience is the best
- Sheetmetal Mechanics are required to complete a skills assessment. The assessment last approximately 9 hours.
Nose-to-tail aircraft modification, maintenance, repair and overhaul services for both military and civil aircraft. Over the past three decades, the site has provided world class and affordable sustainment services to thousands of aircraft such as the C-130, P-3, KC-10, and C-9. The site is also home to a highly-skilled, flexible workforce of Lockheed Martin aviation technicians, engineers, program managers and other experienced personnel.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com