- This position requires a thorough understanding of aircraft interiors in addition to an advanced knowledge of upholstered items found in aircraft interiors. Modifications, repair, refurbishment and reinstallation of interior components are primary functions. Evaluate and adjust on modifications essential. Job duties will vary each day and are designated by the Upholstery Supervisor May be required to work independently.
- Perform major modifications to seats and related items as required.
- Possess a working familiarity with different seat styles typical to aircraft.
- Work independently on projects when required.
- Work independently when required.
- Perform complete upholstery refurbishment of aircraft seats from start to finish. Such duties include inspection , disassembly and assembly, prep work, foam work, patterning, sewing and installation of dress covers.
- Maintenance and repair of shop facility, equipment and tooling when required.
- Cleanliness of shop and surroundings.
- Assist with training to ensure job knowledge and performance of lesser-experienced employees.
- Diagnose seat problems in and out of the aircraft and perform necessary corrective actions.
- Possess a thorough understanding of FAA flammability requirements for all materials used.
- Complete all required paperwork per work order book.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- 3 - 5 years experience on aircraft upholstery.
- Knowledge of materials and foams used in aviation.
- Knowledge of repairs and techniques used on various seat styles.
- 1 - 2 years heavy modifications preferred.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
**Please check with recruiter to see if you qualify for per diem, travel pay, or numerous bonuses. These items vary by job.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com