The Aerospace Technician B will perform the following duties:
Perform advanced, specialized or prototype production operations of major space structures.
· In a product area, utilizing predetermined setups and operating methods, adjust and simultaneously operate a
· variety of numerically controlled and/or conventional technologies capable of performing of performing various functions
· such as, but not limited to, forming, bonding, welding, machining, drilling, cutting, as well as automated and manual
· robotic assembly.
· Perform all tasks involved in the preparation, set up, and operation of thermal processing tools and equipment. Work
· with and interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders,
· job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
· Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures. Complete routine
· preventative work to maintain and ensure cleanliness of equipment. Detect faulty tools and equipment, and take corrective
· action in accordance with shop practices and procedures. Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in machining/and/
· or assembly process.
· Perform necessary drilling, riveting, assembly or subassembly, including bonding and sealing as required. Use
· any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check machine readiness and to check
· completed parts for finish, dimensions and conformance to quality requirements.
· Within the cell, perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
· Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
· Maintain necessary certifications, licenses, and permits as required for assigned work. Work with engineering,
· planning, and other teams to originate and develop new procedures, techniques, and production aids to facilitate
· equipment operations and to support the design and implementation of new products.
· This position requires the ability to obtain badging for NASA facility access.
· This is a sensitive/safety-sensitive position and is subject to NASA (DOT) random drug and alcohol testing.
· This position requires the individual to perform work in an operational complex while maintaining a safe
· manufacturing environment. Individuals are required to train, understand, and observe extensive safety and process
· controls to help protect persons and equipment.
· This position may support a 24/7 maintenance operation.
· This position requires the ability to perform manual labor inside or outside throughout the year in a variety of
· extreme weather conditions.
· The employee must meet medical requirement for work in geographic areas.
· The employee must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of
· approximately 35 pounds.
· Applicant will operate a forklift and mobile crane.
· The work shift and baseline which schedule may frequently change to support mission requirements and may
· include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com