- Fabricate, assemble, modify, repair, test, and provide shop support to production and prototype wire harnesses and electrical assemblies.
- Identify nonconforming detail parts, assemblies and processes.
- Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Constructs wire harnesses and panels by cutting, sorting, color-coding, measuring, stripping, crimping, soldering, and routing various lengths, types, and gauges of wire, heat-shrink, and other related materials.
- Installs wire harnesses and components in panels and other assemblies.
- Operates tools and equipment such as wire strippers, crimpers, solder iron, wire identification and cutting machines, heat guns, and associated tools.
- Locates malfunctions and determines type and amount of rework required to repair each unit.
- Prepares packages for harness fabrication by cutting, labeling, and kitting.
- Tests wire harnesses, panels, and aircraft electrical systems for continuity and proper functioning.
- Follows schematics, drawings, and written or verbal instructions to set up and perform duties.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in electrical (wire harness) materials, fabrication and assembly methods and common shop practices.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org