Prepares, paints, and finishes coating to aircraft, parts, and assemblies. Lay out paint schemes
and designs. Performs specialized paint assignments. Identify nonconforming detail parts,
assemblies and processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Apply primer and finish coats, including stripping and other detail work.
- Touch up primer and finish coats, including color matching and blending.
- Lay out paint schemes and design templates.
- Apply markings to parts and aircraft using several methods including silk screens and maskant aids.
- Designs templates.
- Work from detailed blueprints, fabrication, assembly outlines, sketches, patterns, and written or verbal instructions to plan material requirements, the sequence of operations and fabricate to predetermined configurations.
- Set up and operate such typical shop equipment as paint mixers, steam cleaner power washers,â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹â€‹ or other paint measuring equipment, stencil maker, ID printers, and other general shop equipment and tools to complete work assignments.
- Estimates labor and material costs of aircraft painting according to customer specifications.
- Develops application plans and methods.
- Provide guidance and training to new or lesser skilled paint operation personnel.
- Performs work in both FOD critical and FOD sensitive environments, ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues.
- Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as wet gauges and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
- Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Reports job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identifies production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in painting processes and techniques and common shop practices.
- Knowledgeable and able to interpret blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledgeable and able to apply shop math.
- Knowledgeable and able to use computer systems for office and shop applications.
- Skilled in listening and interpersonal participation, and able to work with others as part of a team which includes giving and receiving feedback, and assisting others in completion of tasks.
- Able to meet the physical requirements to be certified by Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) to use a respirator.
- Able to complete and maintain all required training and certifications needed to do your job efficiently.
Education and/or Training Requirements
This job requires a minimum of a high school education and 1 to 3 years of work related
experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org