Seeking a Composites Mechanic in Macon, GA
- Performs routine inspections or special maintenance to prevent failures of aircraft mechanical systems and components;
- Performs complete operations checks on hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, plumbing, precision assemblies, rigging and controls, etc.
- Determines when a component should be repaired or replaced; decides upon necessary repair scheme, quantity and type of parts needed to accomplish proper repair; secures necessary parts from Stores or departmental supplies.
- Repairs, reworks, and modifies worn or defective assemblies, making alterations or changes to units when necessary.
- Follows approved maintenance procedures for subject component or system, consulting internal procedures that have been FAA approved, original equipment manufacturer's (OEM's) technical data, and work package instructions.
- Consults the Maintenance Lead if technical assistance is needed during the repair process. Inspects completed work before sign off to identify any needed rework; performs rework; ensures that repaired components meet prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Performs serviceability tests on repaired components/systems using test equipment specified by the original equipment manufacturer. Completes work package documentation by signing/stamping after finishing all designated operations.
- Submits completed/in-progress work to Maintenance Lead for review; submits to Quality Assurance for final/in-progress inspection and re-certification of airworthiness.
- Provides supervisor with performance statistics and other operational data, as requested. Properly accounts for time and materials used in all inspection and maintenance activities.
- Comply with repair station procedures (RSM /QCM) and company policies (SOP) when performing aircraft or component maintenance.
- 3+ Years of Aviation Composite Repair Experience
- (A), (P), or (A&P) License
- Tools are Required
- A&P License or:Minimum of 3 year experience in at least one aircraft type.
- Proficiency should be demonstrated in at least one aircraft discipline through prior work experience to include:
- General Maintenance Structures Interiors Avionics Systems Proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions;
- Experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions;
- Ability to inspect and install parts/components.
Our client provides aircraft and component maintenance, repairs, and modifications. The company offers aircraft maintenance services, including heavy maintenance, routine inspections, structural repairs, service bulletins, airworthiness directive compliance, modifications, avionics installations, interior refurbishment and modification, machine shop, welding, and non-destructive testing; and accessory and avionics components, including electrical, electro-mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, communications, and navigation. It also provides engineering support, inventory, and logistics management; painting services; and composite and structural products
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com