Currently seeking a Autoclave Operator Technicians in Tulsa, OK
In a team oriented work environment, with little to no supervision sets up and operates autoclaves and auxiliary equipment to cure and bond metallic, fiberglass and carbon fiber aircraft parts and assemblies according to Gulfstream specifications, blue prints, and operational requirements to complete work assignment and ensure conformance to specification. Assists and/or instruct other team members.
- Sets up and operates autoclaves and auxiliary equipment to cure and bond metallic and nonmetallic aircraft parts and assemblies.
- Reads and interprets Route Cards, GAMPS and DMT documents to determine bonding process specifications.
- Selects parts and assemblies for simultaneous bonding, based on similarity of processing requirements and autoclave capacity.
- Visually inspects general condition of vacuum bags and verifies that vacuum bag installation conforms to specifications prior to bonding.
- Arranges jigs and tools containing parts and assemblies on bonding racks and strategically loads and positions racks in autoclaves manually or by using equipment such as a hoist, forklift, or tow mules.
- Ensures that required lab samples are included in each run.
- Connects thermocouples and vacuum lines to fittings on jigs or tool ports and/or thermocouple and vacuum plugs inside of autoclave.
- Populates and confirms required part number, thermocouple and vacuum port information into autoclave computerized operating system prior to pressurizing autoclave.
- Adjusts manual controls and/or enters commands into computerized operating system to regulate and activate autoclave power supply, cooling system, vacuum, heat and pressure gauges and recorders, and to close interlocking autoclave doors.
- Monitors instruments, switches, and recorders and listens for warning signals during autoclave operation to ensure conformance to specifications, and modifies or aborts process as required.
- Operates curing ovens and presses with heated platens to cure and bond parts.
- Retrieves scheduled DWP lay-up tools from tool storage and preps and releases tools for bond room lay-up operation.
- Discusses loading, unloading, and operation of autoclaves and auxiliary equipment with other operators and workers to ensure safety of individuals working in and around autoclaves.
- Break down and cleaning and storage of tools containing cured parts.
- Ensures that parts, lab samples, and related paper work are processed and taken to proper location.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, supports the company FOD and 5S program, and complies with all safety regulations.
*Tools will not be required as client utilizes consolidated/shared tool boxes.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED.
- 3+ Years of Autoclave Experience Required
- Must possess a good general knowledge of computers and related operational systems
- Must possess and use a Q-Stamp to include all approved processes associated with autoclave operations.
- New hires will be required to obtain a Q-Stamp and autoclave certification within six (6) months.
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints.
- Must have good operational understanding of overhead cranes, forklifts and electric tow mules and all other tools required to perform the job.
- Must have ability to read, comprehend and implement Gulfstream manufacturing procedures as well as the mathematical ability to calculate autoclave run times, appropriate temperature/pressure settings and expiration date and times for parts being bonded.
- Must be able to work any shift.
This facility designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and services business jet aircraft.
This facility's #1 core value is INTEGRITY. They are looking for a person who has integrity, has a good attitude, and is looking for a long term opportunity to grow with the largest corporate aircraft manufacturer in the world.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com