- Perform operational checks, bench checks, maintenance, and repairs of electronic or electricalcomponents.
- Ensure that all work performed complies with customer requirements, applicable technical data, mfg.CMM and FAA regulations.
- Use tools, test panels and complex test equipment, such as IRIS 2000, continuous wave and pulse generators, multi-trace oscilloscopes, frequency counters, multi-meters and deviation meters, and specialized test equipment to perform operational checks and as required to complete the task at hand.
- Perform calibration, repair and replacement of system components based on test results following blueprints, schematics, handbooks, and other technical documents.
- Troubleshoot and isolate malfunctions in complex aircraft avionics equipment.
- Read and interpret manufacturers' and airlines' maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of the altering or repairing of the aircraft electronic components.• Update work orders and verify parts and serial numbers for accuracy.
- Order parts and request vendor repair work to be accomplished.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bench experience is needed, i.e., Military Avionics Tech school or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience troubleshooting electronics down to component level on circuit cards.
- Experience with electronic schematics, use of Various meters, Oscilloscopes, Automated test equipment (ATE)
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
Our client specializes in the repair and overhaul of instrumentation, aircraft accessories, landing gear and airframe components for both fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft for the commercial, military and business aviation markets.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com