- Design and test of Flight Control System (FCS) and Avionics System with embedded DO-178 software and complex hardware, including DO-254.
- System and software design, requirements management, systems specifications, interface management, system safety assessment, verification and validation testing, and documentation for system and software requirements in a laboratory or desktop simulation environment, aircraft flight test, and aircraft/system qualification and certification.
- Perform formal software development through design for requirements and requirements verification with C/C++ code and MathWorks toolsets
- Develop and update requirements and verification traceability
- Conduct software integration and testing on target hardware
- Develop, implement, document, and review Low-Level Test (LLT) and High-Level Test (HLT) software cases and expected results
- Perform LLT and HLT execution on desktop environment and target electronic hardware in a lab environment
- Participation in development of subsystems architecture, redundancy management
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. Major in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or Computer Science is preferred. Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Electrical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering will be considered with sufficient software development experience.
- Master’s Degree in the Engineering disciplines mentioned above is suggested
- Experience at all levels will be considered with a minimum of 5 years specific experience with embedded software development. Preference will be given for additional work in flight controls and/or avionics, embedded software development, and testing.
- Experience with DO-178 Level A software or other embedded software development and testing is required.
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-178, SAE ARP4754A, SAE ARP4761, 14 CFR Part 27 and Part 29 for commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems
- Experience with software Configuration Management
- Experience with Primary Development Environment:
- MathWorks MATLAB / Simulink
- C/C++ code
- C# test scripts
- Serena Dimensions / PVCS
- Embedded Software Development environments
Our client is a leading manufacturer and innovator.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs
Strom Aviation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, military and veteran status, disability status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at email@example.com