This mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation, and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft repair procedures and replacement of parts, requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers. This job requires working knowledge of technical publications. The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician, will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records. Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
• Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Operate a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Experience working as an aircraft mechanic
Willing and able to work any shift (Must be able & willing to work various shifts and / or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays; Mission requirements and / or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
Currently possess an FAA A&P License or Military Technical School equivalent
Computer skills experience including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
High school diploma or GED and typically 3 or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Our client is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defense, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. As America’s biggest manufacturing exporter, the company supports airlines and U.S. and allied government customers in more than 150 countries. Our clients products and tailored services include commercial and military aircraft, satellites, weapons, electronic and defense systems, launch systems, advanced information and communication systems, and performance-based logistics and training.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs