- Performs part-fitting operations such as filing, sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, riveting, drilling, and reaming.
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions.
- Operates all power tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Clean, strip, prime and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding.
- Completes all required maintenance records.
- Accurately records time worked on a work order.
- Ability to read work orders, blueprints, and specifications to determine repair or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations.
- Knowledge and experience repairing sheet, extruded, or other structural parts of aircraft according to design specifications using hand tools, power tools, and metalworking machinery.
- Ability to read design specifications or examine sample parts to determine fabrication procedures and machines and tools required for repair or installation.
- Trims and files parts to fit and verifies fitting tolerances, using measuring instruments.
- Drills, reams, and countersinks holes in subassemblies, and bolts, rivets, or otherwise fastens subassemblies into structural assembly.
- Installs parts and components, such as incidental plumbing, electrical, rigging, or other functional items, in main structure.
- Confers with other workers to expedite heat-treating, anodizing, or other specified processing of repair parts. Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft.
- May specialize in work, or repair and modification of structural, precision, and functional spare parts and assemblies.
- Communicates with the customer as required.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM).
- Must have knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Ability to lift to 50 pounds
- High school or equivalent; technical or vocational education a plus.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license highly preferred.
- Minimum three years of recent aircraft quality inspection experience, preferably in a manufacturing facility
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications.
- Basic understanding of Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods
- Proficient in the use of inspection tools and procedures to accept/reject critical part dimensions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and SharePoint software applications
Our client offers world-leading conversions, cutting-edge aircraft modification options, and a full complement of integrated aircraft services. Airlines, OEMs, MROs, and leasing companies around the globe choose them for quality response, quick turnaround, economical pricing, less stress, and scalable solutions.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs