Seeking Structures Technicians in Hayden, ID
- Performing maintenance and inspection in MRO environment on Regional Turbo-Prop aircraft, mostly ATR42/72 and Saab340
- Repair body or structure of aircraft according to specifications
- Reinstall repaired or replacement parts for subsequent riveting or welding, using clamps and wrenches
- Read work orders, blueprints, and specifications or examine sample or damaged parts of structures to determine repairs or fabrication procedures and sequence of operations
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on defective or replacement parts, using templates, scribes, compass, and steel rule
- Cure bonded structures, using portable or stationary curing equipment
- Communicate with other workers to fit and align heavy parts or expedite processing of repair parts
- Clean, strip, prime, and sand structural surfaces and materials prior to bonding
- Repair or fabricate defective sections or parts, using metal fabricating machines, saws, brakes, shears, and grinders
- Remove or cut out defective parts or drill holes to gain access to internal defects or damages, using drill and punch
- Other duties may be assigned
- Airframe (“A”) License is preferred, but will accept unlicensed if strong experience is there
- A&P license not required, but must have at least 3 years aviation sheet metal experience
- Must be able to accomplish any and all repairs, modifications, E.A.'s, etc, with very little to no assistance
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently (i.e., IPC, M/M, OHM, SRM)
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A valid clear driver's license
Our Client is a certified MRO facility, operating under a Part 145 certificate. Housed in a modern 50,000+ square foot facility, we provide state-of-the-art maintenance for your aircraft.
As a division of a regional airline, our client boasts an excellent maintenance history.
Maintaining planes since inception in 1977. Forest Service contracts led to heavy checks on Twin Otters and Beech 99s. Maintenance work expanded again in 1988 they landed a contract to fly and maintain Caravan 208s.
Since 1990, they have been performing heavy checks on FAR 121 aircraft. We began with Fairchild F27s, then Fokker F27s, Shorts 360s, and ATR 42/72s.
Since receiving our Part 145 Certificate in 2006, our client has added Bombardier Dash 8 all series, Embraer EMB 120 all series, Saab 340 all series, and the Cessna C208 all series to our ops specs. We now have more than 15 years of experience maintaining large turboprop aircraft and recently added the Embraer ERJ-145 onto our Ops Specs and hope to add more types in the future.
As an employee of Strom Aviation, you will receive benefits including holiday pay, longevity pay, access to a 401K program and insurance coverage (medical, dental, life, disability). We offer travel pay, bonuses, and other incentives for some positions as well. A referral is the best compliment we can get, and Strom Aviation offers 2 different referral programs for our employees.
Our recruiters strive to connect qualified individuals with opportunities. With hundreds of jobs across the nation, Strom offers opportunities no matter where you are.
Contact: Strom Jobs